On September 9, I will release the New Revised Edition of my collection of essays A Galaxy of Possibilities: Representation and Storytelling in Star Wars. It includes not only updated content from the original version but also two brand new chapters.
I recently made the first official announcement at Sourcerer and Kat Clements also reviewed the original edition at Nerd in the Brain during the summer.
This is the table of contents for this New Revised Edition:
- Introduction: Why Representation Matters and Why Star Wars has a Role to Play
- Chapter 1: Star Wars Rebels: A New Text to Link the Old
- Chapter 2 : Lando Calrissian : Iconic Scoundrel
- Chapter 3: Star Wars’ Jedi Younglings: A Benevolent but Controversial Education System
- Chapter 4: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II – A Milestone for Star Wars Female Characters
- Chapter 5: Mara Jade: Pillar of the Star Wars Expanded Universe
- Chapter 6 : Female Wizards: Jocasta Nu and Kreia
- Chapter 7: Tenel Ka: Negotiating Acquired Disability
- Chapter 8: Nala: The Missing Link between Disney Princesses and Leia Organa
The book will be available in Kindle format on September 9 (print version TBA later this year as I am waiting for the proof copy to arrive at the moment), on all Amazon sites, including Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada. You can also find the book’s Goodreads page here. A Galaxy of Possibilities will also get a virtual book tour which I will post about during September.