I’m happily busy with academic writing! Today I received an email that said that a paper proposal I submitted a few months ago was accepted for further consideration. This means that I am now working on the complete article, so the editors can decide whether they go ahead with including it. I am pretty excited about it and am currently finishing the introduction. This is a paper about vidding and how it ties to its creator’s personal/emotional experience(s).
On the blog front, I have been touching up a couple of things. To clear my sidebar, I have moved everything pertaining to awards on their own page, that is now located in the menu bar at the top.
Links: Science Fiction, Fangirls, Gender Representations, Writing, Social Media
- Star Wars: Force For Change, Message from J.J. Abrams by Johnamarie Macias
- Fangirling Over Other Fangirls by Johnamarie Macias
- On Representation, Authorial Discretion, and Transgender Characters in Science Fiction by Hannah Givens
- Getting Unstuck as an Author by Hanne Arts
- Herding Muses: On Pre-Writing Strategies For Nonlinear Writers by Rose B. Fischer
- Twitter for Bloggers V: The Following/Follower Ratio by Gene’O Gordon