I have some TV reviews to write and share on the site, but I didn’t get around to work on them as the past few days have been focused on my book Women in Science Fiction Television. I am proud to say that the introduction is now completed and in my proofreader’s hands. It was my last bit of writing to do for the project.
I have since then been going through the guidelines from the collection’s director and worked on preparing all the 22 illustrations for the different sections of the book. Screen capping went well though I was happy for Photoshop so I could polish them all! And I also wrote all the captions and sources for everything.
The last bit of work I have left before sending everything to the publisher is the formatting. I’m glad that the guidelines are very clear and detailed, especially since formatting is somewhat my nemesis when it comes to editing!
Given the topic of the book, this is why I thought it was the perfect timing to an older Battlestar Galactica video of mine on YouTube. We’re All Part of This Journey is a tribute to the female characters of the show, with a focus on early fourth season.
Links: Writing, Feminism, Disability, Star Wars, X-Men, Birds of Prey
- 20 Quotations from Writers about Happiness by Interesting Literature
- Friday Fun — What’s Your Sweet Spot by New Hampshire Writer’s Network
- Top Ten Things to Do to Begin Branding Yourself as an Author by Margo Bond Collins
- Weekend Edition – Getting Happier Plus Writing Tips and Good Reads by Jamie Lee Wallace
- Feminist Friday…. Why? by Gretchen Kelly
- Is “#Feminism” a politically useful label any more? #FeministFriday Discussion by Gene’O Gordon
- Intellectual Dishonesty, Logical Fallacies, and Writing against Feminism by Diana Gordon
- The Women of the Lost Missions by The Wookiee Gunner
- Redefining Disability #6: Beyond Professor X and Oracle–Moving Disability Awareness Forward by Rose B. Fischer