Thank you so much, Jennie Sherwin, for honoring me with a Liebster Award! I only debuted my blog in June 2013 and am elated to see all the good comments I received and the (old and) new people I got to meet thanks to moving to WordPress!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Here are my questions from Jennie:
1. Who are your role models in your professional life?
There is quite a few: George Lucas, Ridley Scott, Gillian Anderson, Joss Whedon, Henry Jenkins, Joseph Campbell, Clarissa Pinkola Estés, J. Michael Straczynski, C.J. Cherryh, Joan D. Vinge, Timothy Zahn… This eclectic list has directors, actors, script writers, novelists, academics of different horizons, but they all gave me inspiration to pursue my path as a writer and scholar.
2. Who are the people who have inspired you in your personal life?
Just like for the previous question, the list isn’t exhaustive and doesn’t include relatives and friends I look up to: Jesus, The Dalai-Lama, Michelle Phillips, Mandy Hale, Geri Scazzero, Susan Cain. Certain fictional characters have also inspired me, some for years (like Leia Organa and Obi Wan Kenobi from Star Wars, Dana Scully from the X-Files, Susan Ivanova from Babylon 5 for examples). I would also say that inspirations for both my personal and professional life tend to be intertwined, so breaking them down is a little complicated.
3. Choose one thing in your life for which you are immensely grateful.
My good health.
4. Give one example each of how you make the chemical, emotional, mental, and physical environments in your home safer for you and those you love.
I’m not exactly sure of the specific example for each, but to make my home safer, I do the following: eat as much organic food as possible, refresh the air every day by opening the windows in the morning when I go downstairs to have breakfast, try to get decent sleep (to feel energized and avoid being grumpy with the rest of my family).
5. Choose one person in your life to whom you can tell almost anything without fear of judgment.
Picking one is difficult, if not impossible for I am blessed to have a few close friends and relatives I can freely speak to. One lives in France and the others live in the USA.
6. If you could choose another profession, other than the one you are in, which would you choose?
I currently am an independent researcher and writer looking for a university teaching position in the USA, so one could say I am still trying to get into the profession I chose, besides being a writer. If I had to pick one that is neither, I would choose to be a director.
7. How would you like to be remembered?
As a caring, honest, loyal and creative person.
8. What do you do for recreation?
I write (i.e. I role play in a galaxy far, far away), create fan videos (for too many fandom), read (fiction and non fiction books), play video games, bake.
9. What is your favorite family game, i.e., something you play or played with your children?
I’d say it is a tie between Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit.
10. Who is your favorite poet?
I don’t read much poetry to be honest, but I would say either Victor Hugo or Charles Baudelaire.
11. Is there a song you like to sing?
I love singing “Let Your Light Shine” by Bethany Dillon and “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson, “Les Nuits sans soleil” by Ivanov. If I know the lyrics of a song and am alone, I am likely to sing along though.
I nominate the following bloggers for a Liebster Award:
- Chris Musgrave
- Jodie Llewellyn
- Order of Dynast
- Part Time Monster
- Pixels of Perfection
- The Ramblings of a Jedi Librarian
- The Wookie Gunner
Thank you all for your interesting blogs and the inspiration they provide!
Here are the 11 questions for my honorees:
- Do you prefer reading fiction or non fiction?
- Do you have writing habits?
- What story you read/were told as a child influenced you most?
- Is there a specific writing project you are currently focusing on?
- Which type or genre of writing would you like to be remembered for?
- In 2014, is there a book you are particularly looking forward to reading?
- In 2014, is there a movie you are particularly looking forward to watching?
- Which country – that you didn’t visit yet – would you like to travel to?
- What would be your ideal writing room?
- Do you own some books in more than one edition?
- Is there a certain food or drink that you particularly enjoy when writing?