- I have reworked the presentation for my upcoming guest lecture about vidding, since I switched one of my video example for one I hadn’t thought about at first. I just need the final discussion with my friend teaching the class
- I have edited most of my chapter titles for Women in Science Fiction Television. They all flow much better now! I am looking forward starting writing the final chapter next week. This is going to be one of the longest ones, but the topic is one very dear to me: Warrior Mothers. This concept might even end as the focus of my doctoral research the day I go back to university.
- Despite the busy week, I managed to start my blog series about Romantic Movies! The first two posts are up: The Cutting Edge and The Bodyguard. Instead of being crammed into the single week leading to Valentine’s Day, the series will run until almost the end of the month.
- I have ideas for related “romantic” blog series for both February 2015 and 2016. The brain never stops!
- I still have one video to complete for the current blog series, and I hope to tackle most of it this weekend, as I only completed 25% of it so far, but I have now reached 65% now that I have worked on it for a few hours.
- In the upcoming weeks, I am planning to start working on the videos I have left to do for another upcoming blog series that I have been thinking about for a long time. (Rose, I got a new awesome idea for the Leia video for this series!)
TV and Movies
- I have episodes from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Tomorrow People, Intelligence and Beauty and the Beast to catch up with. When I do, I’ll post reviews as I recently did.
- I am going to check Person of Interest. This show hadn’t really been on my radar, but after a discussion with one of the relatives who’s been visiting this week, I got curious. I’ll see if it suits me.
- I am crossing fingers to watch a few recent movies soon, all Science Fiction and/or Superheroes.
- Star Wars: Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn is on hold because I received Empire and Rebellion: Razor’s Edge by Martha Wells and I am in complete love with this book. Once I’m done with it, I’ll post a more detailed review here and will either go back to Scoundrels or pick Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon. Can you tell I am on a Star Wars rampage?
- I discovered Lindsey Stirling some time last year, and have been hooked on her music since then. I got her album as a belated Christmas present from family. It is a pleasure to be able to listen to all these tracks all at once!
- I’ve had Kenny Rogers’s Love Lifted Me in my head for the past few days, and was reminded of how I first discovered him (also through this song) when I was a child because of his participation to an episode of the Muppet Show.
- This Tumblr post by Tywinllanister featuring female characters from Battlestar Galactica struck a cord in me the moment I saw it. And yes, my brain started to bounce around with old and new ideas for papers/research right on cue.
- Weekend Edition – Writing is Not for Sissies Plus Good Reads and Writing Advice by Jamie Lee Wallace was as inspiring as on the previous Saturdays. This Weekend Edition is a favorite of mine. I always enjoy Jamie’s inspirational posts and she also shares so many links of interest!