Happy New Year! Wishing you all a wonderful 2014 filled with joy, good health and success!
Before jumping back into book writing as from tomorrow if all goes according to plan, I decided to finish on my recap posts, as I recently did with books and videos. This time, I want to look at what I achieved in terms of publications in 2013 and what I have to look forward to for 2014 and even 2015.
In 2013, I had three new publications: 1 eBook, 1 article and 1 eBook chapter. The two first were in the USA and the second one in the UK:
- October 2013: Gender Dynamics in Star Wars: The Old Republic: A Focus on Female Characters, Thought Catalog (USA).
- September 2013: “Sam Worthington: Hybrid Faces”, Navigating Cybercultures, edited by Nicholas van Orden, Inter-Disciplinary Press (UK)
- July 2013: “Alternate Universe Fan Videos and the reinterpretation of the media source“, in The Phoenix Papers (USA).
I am very excited about the 8 other publications I have upcoming for either 2014 or 2015. Most of them are chapters or articles, but one is my contracted book Women in Science Fiction Television, which is the one upcoming publication I am still in the stage of writing – until I get eventual edits to make in for the other ones, in case editors and publishers request as such. Those upcoming publications will be in the USA, the UK and Canada.
- 2015: Women in Science Fiction Television, Scarecrow Press (USA).
- TBA: “John Winchester – the orchestrated fall from grace”, edited collection, Edwin Mellen Press (USA).
- TBA: “Mara Jade: Pillar of the Star Wars Expanded Universe”, Macro/MicroCosm, Vraeyda Media (Canada).
- TBA: “Revisiting Indian Traditionalism in Shabd“, Pennsylvania Literary Journal, Anaphora Literary Press (USA).
- TBA: “Sam Worthington: Negotiating Humanity”, Visions of Humanity in Cyberculture 7 and 8 (hard copy volume), Inter-Disciplinary Press (UK)
- TBA: “Talyn, the heroic journey” in an edited collection on Farscape (USA).
- TBA: Stories in Post-Human Cultures, co-edited with A. Brackin, Ph.D., Inter-Disciplinary Press (UK).
- TBA: Transmedia Practices: A Collective Approach, co-edited with A. Brackin, Ph.D. and JT Velikovsky, Inter-Disciplinary Press (UK)
Besides those accepted publications, I am also currently waiting for answers regarding 5 more possible ones. I think that 4 are in the USA and 1 in Taiwan.
- 2 full fledged articles (Star Wars: Jedi Knight, Brotherhood of the Wolf)
- 2 article proposals (Lost Girl/Once Upon A Time, Vidding)
- 1 guest blog post proposal (David Nolande)
Once I am done with completing my book for Scarecrow Press, I am planning to start working more on another book project I would like to tackle next, should I find a publisher. Right now I have 3 or 4 book projects, but this one I’m planning to focus on next is one about Dana Scully from the X-Files.