I am blown away for having just received the first award for my blog! After receiving the Liebster Award, The Wookie Gunner passed it onto me! This is quite the surprise and I am honored she nominated me! So thank you so much! This award is normally given to bloggers by other bloggers. To know more about what the Liebster Award is about, check out this detailed WordPress post by Lorraine Reguly.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- The first thing I ever saw on screen was the Star Wars Muppet Show episode when I was two year old.
- I love cooking and especially baking. I even joked about making a food blog with some friends, at one point.
- I think in English more than I do in French, although the latter is my native language and I still live in France.
- I can’t wait to be able to have another cat, because I miss mine a lot since she passed away in April, at age 20.
- No matter how vital writing is to me, vidding is an important creative outlet to me.
- I have Ukrainian and Polish roots on my maternal side.
- I wore a haircut like Scully for most of my teen years, or one that looked like Geena Davis’s character in The Long Kiss Goodnight. After writing about the X-Files for my book, I am regrowing my hair for a Scully haircut again. Fangirl much? Yes.
- I love Bollywood movies from the 90’s and 2000’s. I don’t like the older or more recent ones as much.
- I still wish that the remaining seasons of Who’s the Boss? could come out on DVD.
- I hold two Master Degrees, one in Film and Media Studies from La Sorbonne and one in Digital Culture & Technology from King’s College London. I also still hope to go back to university one day to complete a Ph.D. I even have an idea of dissertation.
- Dragon Age: Origins is the title that got me back into gaming a few years ago.
Answering The Wookie Gunner‘s 10 Questions
- Why did you start blogging? End of 2010, I opened the first version of my professional website, but I didn’t really blog. Last June I felt that it was time to revamp the site completely and thus moved it to WordPress. I decided to start blogging on this new version because I think this makes it more welcoming and also gives me a place to talk about not only my work and projects, but also what I watch/read/play. I even ended talking about my vidding, which wasn’t part of the original plan. I think that all I do is tied together so in the end it makes sense to blend the different aspects of my life in what I blog about.
- What’s your plan for the future? I hope to find a teaching position in an American university, since teaching has been my professional project for years. I also plan to continue writing, mostly academic non fiction, but maybe one day I will be able to dab back into original creative fiction as well.
- Do you still watch cartoons? If so, which ones? Of course, I still do! The Clone Wars is the most recent series I watched (I mostly watch animated/cartoon movies). I still love many of the old Disney films too, and have a soft spot for a French cartoon I loved when growing up, Dans les Alpes avec Annette.
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love? The Star Wars movies of course! This list also includes the Lethal Weapon movies, the Harry Potter ones… I bet there are more, and the ones I quoted are from the top of my head. I also want to give a special mention to the X-Files (series + movies) because of how much this universe and its characters mean to me.
- Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? I wanted to be a director and a writer. Oh and I wanted to be a Jedi at some point too.
- Are you reading any books right now? If so, what? I am currently reading the Host by Stephenie Meyer.
- What’s your favorite social media platform? It is a tie between Twitter and WordPress. I also use LinkedIn, but to me this is mostly a way to have an online CV.
- What’s one thing you would like to change about your life? I’d love to be working and living in the US already.
- What fictional world would you like to live in? A galaxy far, far away!
- If you were given one wish, what would you wish for? It’s like wishing upon a shooting star, you don’t share the wish publicly!
10 5 Bloggers
- Rose B. Fischer
- Words, Worlds, Dreams
- Words, Words, Words – Margo Bond Collins
- Things Matter – A History Blog
My 10 Questions For The Nominees
- Who is your favorite author?
- Which books/movies/TV shows have inspired you most?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could have a conversation with one fictional character, who would it be?
- What prompted you to create your blog/website?
- Which non fiction book(s) would you recommend?
- What is your favorite music genre to listen to?
- What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
- Which advice would you give an aspiring writer?
- What was the most recent TV show and/or movie you liked?
I only picked five bloggers because they are the ones I am most familiar with. (Johnamarie, I wanted to nominate you again, but wasn’t sure whether you’d want to answer more questions about this award! So you beat me to the award!) Thank you again to the Wookie Gunner for nominating me! That means a lot to me!